Reports To: Senior Project Manager
Status: Permanent, Full Time Position
Years of Experience: 8+ years of relevant experience
Salary Band: Salary Band 3, Salary Band 4
Cambium is seeking a Hydrogeologist to join our growing team. The incumbent will provide expertise in groundwater hydrogeology; contaminant fate and transport; and environmental monitoring program design, assessment and evaluation. The candidate must be a licensed Professional Geologist (P.Geo.) or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of Ontario and should possess a degree in environmental engineering or geosciences with a specific focus in the areas of physical and contaminant hydrogeology. A minimum of five years related experience in the areas of physical hydrogeology, contaminant hydrogeology, groundwater supply development, and groundwater resource management is required.
Candidates should have experience in most of the following:
• Groundwater resource assessment
• Drilling and soil sampling programs
• Monitoring well design and installation
• Hydraulic testing and interpretation (slug and pumping tests)
• Development and implementation of groundwater monitoring program
• Water well inventories and interference investigations
• Interpretation of analytical laboratory results, evaluation of groundwater and surface water quality (inorganic and organic chemistry)
• Private servicing for water supply and wastewater systems
• Contaminated sites investigation
• Contaminant fate and transport assessments
• Analyze and interpret hydrogeological data
• Write technical reports
• Creative problem solving and critical analysis
• Organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time
• Project planning, scheduling, allocation of personnel and resources, budgeting, and regular communication with clients
• Project coordination, technical leadership, and technical design of innovative water and wastewater system solutions for public and private sector clients in Ontario.
• Experience in developing and administering project proposals, work plans, and project costing/budgeting.
• A thorough knowledge of and ability to interpret environmental regulations, guidelines and standards.
• Directly responsible for the health and safety of any person working on an assignment under the supervision of the project manager.
• Provide training to junior Cambium personnel
• Shiftwork and overtime may be required.
• Travel may be required.
• Typically Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree
• A Master’s degree would be considered an asset.
• Attention to detail in all undertakings is essential
• Superior organisational and communications skills are essential
• Licensed professional geologist or engineer in the province of Ontario (P.Geo. or P.Eng.)
• Familiarity with federal and provincial environmental legislation and regulations
• Desire to succeed in a dynamic, progressive organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with numerical groundwater flow and transport modeling considered an asset.